Practice: Upon graduation from Northwestern University School of Law in 1977, Steve associated with the Toledo, Ohio law firm of Fuller & Henry and was admitted as a partner in 1983. In 2006, he joined Hayes Soloway in its Tucson office, where he heads up the firm's litigation department. He has served as lead trial counsel in certified class actions, in trademark interference and infringement litigation both administratively and judicially, and in Markman Hearings in patent infringement cases. He has tried many major commercial and complex litigation cases to judgment and through appeals throughout his career. His litigation representation has encompassed major industrial and commercial leaders such as United States Steel Corporation, Daimler Crysler Services North America, LLC, Mercedes-Benz Co., Owens-Illinois, Inc., Owens Corning, Inc., Libbey-Owens-Ford Co., Schottenstein Stores Corp., Kemper Insurance Company, Pension Research Institute, Inc., Kmart Corporation, First InterHealth Network, Air-Ride, Inc., The Toledo Edison Company, FirstEnergy Corp. and General Motors Corporation.Bar Admissions:
- Admitted in Ohio, 1977 (inactive), and in Arizona, 2006
- Supreme Court of Ohio, 1977
- Supreme Court of Arizona, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, l977
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 1990
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2007
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1994
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1977
- B.A., magna cum laude, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio, 1974
- Ohio State Bar Association Antitrust Section, 1999 Antitrust Institute, "Distribution Practices: Antitrust Counseling in the New Millennium, Price Discrimination"
- University of Toledo, College of Law, Antitrust Law, Adjunct Professor (1984-1986)
- "Winning the Battle of Experts: Expert Advice on Expert Witnesses", (Advanced Litigation Seminar) Toledo, Ohio, October, 1996, (CLE accredited by the Supreme Court of Ohio).
- "Distribution Practices: Antitrust Counseling in the New Millennium, Price Discrimination", Columbus, Ohio, November, 1999 (CLE accredited by the Supreme Court of Ohio).
- "Antitrust: What Every Business Lawyer Should Know", Toledo, Ohio, May 2000 (CLE accredited by the Supreme Court of Ohio).
- "Advanced Legal Research", Toledo, Ohio, August 2001; HMS Continuing Legal Education Seminar.
- Arizona Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Board of Governors, Antitrust Section of Ohio State Bar Association (2000-2004)
- Intellectual Property litigation (all phases) and Intellectual Property dispute resolution
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation advice and counseling
- Commercial and complex litigation
- Licensing and technology transfers
- Confidentiality, Non-Disclosure and Technology Collaborations agreements
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.