Areas of Practice:
- Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Chemical Technologies
- Medical devices
- Patent landscaping, FTO opinions
- Litigation Support
Clark Proffitt, a patent attorney certified in intellectual property law concentrates his practice in counseling clients regarding the procurement and enforcement of patents, licensing of intellectual property, trademark usage and procurement and patent litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Proffitt was a Steve Lisa Fellow at Arizona State University's Technology Transfer Office, AzTE.
- State Bar of Arizona, 2008
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2007
- J.D., magna cum laude, Certification in Intellectual Property Law, 2008, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ.
- B.Sc., Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, 2005
- Death Penalty and the Law: A Discussion of the Arizona Supreme Court's 2006-07 Decisions, 40 Ariz. St. L. J. 935 (2008).
- Poetry or Production: Functionality in the Architectural Works Copyright Protection Act, 39 Ariz St. L. J. 1263 (2008). Reprinted in Issues in Construction and Technology (Ed. Albert Dib).
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, Research/Teaching Assistant
National Associations/Professional Memberships:
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (2007)
- J. Reuben Clark law Society
- Order of the Coif
Honors and Awards:
- Steve Lisa Fellow
- Pedrick Scholar
- Center Scholar: Center for Law, Science & Technology, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University
- Completed two years service for the Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints, serving in the Latin community of Miami, Florida.
- Served two months as counselor and assistant to Ashanti Ashram in Coimbatore, India in 2004.
Email Mr. Proffitt